Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Has This Ever Happened To You After A TDY?














A commenter (H/T to gwb) brought this story to my attention.

Imagine that you've taken a short trip out of town and, when you return home, you find a family of Romanian gypsies living there? And they've trashed your place. Then, once you get them thrown out, they move two blocks away and do it again at someone else's house.

Between this and their flaccid response to the riots, it's looking like British law enforcement has simply taken the summer off. The icing on the cake is that the victim in this case is a British Immigration Officer.

An immigration officer returned home to find gipsies had moved in, ransacked the place and dressed in her clothes.

Julia High was even offered a glass of her own wine by the Romanian squatters.
They claimed they had rented the property from her

The family of five adults and three children had ripped up carpets, emptied the fridge and dumped her belongings in bin bags in the garden of her £270,000 home.

They left water damage to the kitchen and bathroom, while a computer and digital cameras were missing. Only her beds and wardrobes were left intact. And once evicted, they squatted in another home two streets away.

Miss High, who works for the UK Border Agency, had spent a weekend visiting her parents and on the Monday evening went to see the Proms at the Royal Albert Hall before returning to the terraced home in Leytonstone, east London, which she has owned for 30 years.

She said: ‘The women came to the door dressed in my clothes, they were sitting around my dining room table, drinking my wine out of my glasses. They even offered me a drink and told me they were from Romania. They said I was dead and my son had rented the house to them. I am very much alive, single and I don’t have a son.’

She secured a county court eviction order the next day and police removed the family. But she has been forced to stay with friends during repairs, and fears it will be weeks before she can return.

She said: ‘These people have just trashed 30 years of my life and thrown it into bin bags. It is soul-destroying.’

Yesterday the Daily Mail found the family in a four-bedroom house two streets away, owned by a doctor who bought it in March but delayed moving in to carry out repairs.

When approached for a comment, the family spat and swore. One woman, who said her name was Dragoi Carmen, said: ‘I’ve never seen [Miss High’s] house, I don’t know why I’m being accused of this.’

Laura Eparu, who lives next door to Miss High, said: ‘I’m Romanian myself and I realised they were Romanian gipsies. They’ve brought shame on our country.’

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pakistan's 2nd Katrina in 2 Years!
http://www.dawn.com/2011/08/17/flooding-makes-60000-homeless-in-sindh.html

TSB: I still think this government will fall soon from no power, no fuel, no water, no food, no $$$, no security, no health care etc. gwb

TSB said...

When the Pakistani government falls, does anyone notice? No one wants to pick it up, so they just avert their eyes and keep walking past.