Tuesday, March 22, 2011

State Department Voted An Ideal Employer

The State Department was voted the fourth overall most favored employer out of 150 blue chip corporations and public agencies. Also the first and second most ideal employer for two particularly discerning subsets of voters.

Here the press release from PA:

The Department of State placed in the top five “ideal employers” in an annual poll of professionals conducted by Universum Communications. This first-ever U.S. Ideal Employer survey was based on the responses of more than 10,300 professionals.

The Universum ranking of ideal employers is based on professionals’ responses to questions about their career expectations, how they perceive companies as employers, and what they associate with those employers. The survey took place from November 2010 to January 2011.

Out of 150 employers, the Department of State ranked:

• first as ideal employer among senior professionals (8+ years of experience)
• second as ideal employer among military/veterans
• fourth as ideal employer among young professionals (1-8 years of experience)

To view all the rankings, visit: IDEAL Employer Rankings Professional Surveys United-States.


Taking a quick look at the entire list, I see that I have worked for one or another of them (State, the World Bank, and the U.S. Army) ever since I was a callow youth. Evidently I have been fortunate in my employers, and that undoubtedly contributes to my generally optimist outlook on life.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations TSB! Check out my latest post that is about a number of your current and prior employers. GWB

Anonymous said...

TSB:I'll be right back after a trip
to GWU. GWB

Anonymous said...

TSB: Working for DOD and the Army I met almost no one who believed in conspiracy theories. What they did believe in overwhelmingly though was the massive incompetence of the Army and especially the Army Reserve when it came to getting things done right.
GWB

Anonymous said...

TSB: Pepe Escobar (Asia Times) has a great (long but hilarious) piece in
asia times in which he makes the case that they may have wanted an Odyssey
but what they got looks a lot more like and Illiad.
It would be great if you could make some sense out of this tangle for your appreciative readers! GWB

Anonymous said...

TSB: lil GWB does't like Odyssey Dawn. As he woke up my wife at 4am to let him out he remarked: "You have to be out there before dawn if you want to catch varmints! His suggestions:

Operation Too Late, Oper Dust Devil,
Operation Dumb Luck, Operation Herding Cats, Operation What's Next?
Operation No Problem, Operation Provide Consensus, Operation Provide Caskets, and my favorite: Operation Provide Cover (for Obama)

Anonymous said...

TSB: I read the GWU documents today.
Wow! did you read all that stuff? I'm getting some ideas but this will take awhile. Thanks! GWB

TSB said...

I don't much like the name "Odyssey Dawn" myself, because, if I remember the story correctly, that Odyssey took tens years out and another ten years to get back home.