Palestinians destroy Gaza's only facility for receiving fuel and cargo delivers from Israel:
Israel’s Defense Forces (IDF) announced on Saturday that Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman has approved closing the Kerem Shalom humanitarian border crossing in Gaza from tomorrow (Sunday) until further notice, due to Friday’s destruction of gas pipelines and the security fence at the crossing.
For the second week in a row, protesters damaged gas pipes at the Kerem Shalom border crossing on Friday, which are responsible for transporting gas into Gaza.
The following is a list of destruction done to the humanitarian crossing according to the IDF:
- The fuel terminal has been rendered totally unusable.
- Gas pipelines – Damage was caused to connection stations. The main gas line is not functioning at all.
- Fuel pipes – The fueling site sustained fire and fracture damages.
- Aggregate conveyor belt - Not suitable for operation at all. Significant damage was caused to the entire structure.
- Grain conveyors, food and livestock - Damage was caused to electricity infrastructure.
- Security infrastructure of the humanitarian crossing - Damage was caused to fences, light poles and cameras.