Friday, April 23, 2010

Hard to Kill (I Mean al-Qaeda, Not the Steven Seagal Movie)

I posted something a few days ago about the apparent futility of leadership decapitation as a strategy against al-Qaeda, or most other kinds of terrorist groups. AQ has experienced a brisk turnover in its middle management ranks - thanks to Predator drones - but those losses have had little evident effect on its organizational coherence.

Along those lines, here's a report from Jane's Strategic Advisory Services about al-Qaeda and the adaptability of its command and control structure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's Friday, and that means that the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up - and you're on it!

Here is the link:

http://bit.ly/aSBoLT

(If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

Thanks!