Saturday, June 30, 2018

A Nice Uncrowded Theater























So I eagerly went to see Sicario: Day of the Soldado at my earliest opportunity, which happened to be this morning. I saw it at my local art house-type of movie theater, a place that describes itself as "exhibiting the highest quality art, independent, and specialty film ... state-of-the-art boutique cinema." I was surprised the place was showing a film that depicts Mexican cartel gunman and corrupt police being gunned down by Gringo CIA types, not to mention torture at a black site in Africa. That surely does not appeal to their target audience.

Indeed, there was only one seat in the theater that was NOT available when I bought my ticket on line a hour or so before the movie started. After I sat down in my prime seat a few other people came in, all men under 30 or so, and not more than about 15 of them. Each one had some kind of cultural marker that said he was the type who would enjoy this movie. There was a high-and-tight haircut, lots of cargo shorts, ball caps with macho shades clamped on top, and four bros with beer bottles.

My kind of crowd, even if I'm more than twice their age.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL TSB, C'mon now... don't stop there. There has to be more once the film started to roll. I had to work all day so here's my favorite imaginary film.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-06-30/paul-craig-roberts-two-views-putin-trump-summit (John Bolten awakes from terrifying nightmare of a world at peace. gwb)

TSB said...

Bolton's nightmare does seem to be coming true. And I suspect that if I could poll my fellow movie watchers on ending our democracy-promotion and nation-building, they would be pleased with that.

Anonymous said...

TSB: Here's a movie you might like!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-01/notorious-french-gangster-flees-paris-jail-dramatic-helicopter-escape

My comment: Foiled Again!! Best Comment:
???ö? 38BWD22 Sun, 07/01/2018 - 16:19 Permalink
Finally the French have something heroic to make a movie about gwb

TSB said...

Quel dude, as the French might say. I fully expect they'll be a movie made about that. Of course, Charles Bronson did it first in Breakout (1975).

Anonymous said...

TSB: Nicuagua Authorizes Troops From Venezuela and Cuba to enter to participate in maneuvers to stop drug trafficking thru the area! Mexican troops will also be involved. FM https://youtu.be/8ckfxs8hZMw

gwb

TSB said...

I assume the Mexican troops will play the role of cartel enforcers. (Low blow, I know)

Anonymous said...

TSB: These home grown Al Quaeda radicals don't seem to be getting any smarter.
Where are all those sleeper cells of the highly trained type? gwb
An Ohio man who was radicalized in the US has been nabbed by the FBI after reportedly planning to plant a bomb during Fourth of July celebrations in Cleveland then stand nearby and "watch it go off," Reuters reported. Demetrius Pitts, a 48-year-old man who expressed allegiance to Al Qaeda, was arrested on Sunday after a meeting with an undercover FBI agent whom Pitts believed to be an Al Qaeda sympathizer.

I suspect the US Dept of Education is responsible for this guy's lack of historical perspective. gwb

TSB said...

They keep falling for the FBI's stings. I don't know why.

Anonymous said...

TSB: Was the movie like this one? gwb
The entertainment company were only supposed to reveal a snippet of their latest drama Khali The Killer, however ended up giving away the whole film – for free. A clip titled Khali The Killer: Official Red Band Trailer emerged onto the streaming site as an 89 minute upload of the crime drama. It featured everything from the opening titles, to the credits and managed to clock up a staggering 11,000 views.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/04/sony-pictures-make-huge-faux-pas-release-entire-film-instead-trailer-7683088/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/


TSB said...

Talk about 'straight to video' releases, only now it's straight to YouTube.