Saturday, February 24, 2024

Carter-Baker Commission: "Absentee Ballots Remain the Largest Source of Potential Voter Fraud.”

Here's a political Blast From the Past that might just become popular again in the current election year, a high-level bipartisan commission that called for tightening up ballot integrity, with a particular warning about absentee ballots. 

The Democrat half of the commission was chaired by Jimmy Carter, so you might think its report should have credibility with the left today, and that report warned: “Absentee ballots remain the largest source of potential voter fraud.”
In response to these concerns [of photo identification, new voting technology, and growing numbers of absentee and mail ballots], former President Jimmy Carter and former Secretary of State James A. Baker, III, agreed to co-chair a bipartisan commission, housed at Washington D.C.’s American University, to examine these and other outstanding election reform issues. The final report, titled “Building Confidence in U.S. Elections,” stressed the important role of elections in the nation’s democracy and made a series of recommendations, including: 
* A national system to connect state and local voter registration lists 
* Voter identification based on a universally available REAL ID card 
* Policies to improve voter access for all communities, as well as innovations like vote centers and voter information lookup sites 
* Stronger efforts to combat fraud, especially in absentee voting 
* Auditable paper backups for all voting technology
The Carter-Baker Commission report is downloadable here.

7 comments:

James said...

I may have sent this before but I do now in your honor! https://youtu.be/yKIE3IUkkp8?si=mZP3iM0EPsiNvv8C

TSB said...


Yes, it DOES always come down to the stapler. To the victor go the spoils!

James said...

My musical contribution: https://youtu.be/0yq-Fw7C26Y?si=pTnxY5JK81HzNS0D

TSB said...

1969 had the most interesting music! Not always great, but always something that gets my attention.

James said...

What a nice way to say something doesn't have it!

TSB said...

With that old Woodstock-era music I often had to think about it for a while before I could decide whether I liked it or not. And my tastes changed over time to the point that now I wish I'd paid more attention to it back then.

James said...

I used to think my music was best in the world, but now I realize there was a lot of crap.