Thursday, April 20, 2023

This is Why Normal People Hate Politics


Well, there is more than one reason for that, of course. But exactly that cringey fawning beyond-embarrassment-and-maybe-even-self-awareness tone of puppy-love for a politician is alone enough to make regular people hate politics.

What does it take to make a man debase himself like that? What could possibly be in it for him that would outweigh the contempt he must feel for himself? 

Potomac Fever is a disease that strikes not just presidential candidates but also the long, long, trail of moochers and sycophants that follow in their wake. That is just sad. 

  

6 comments:

James said...

https://www.thedevilsdictionary.com/p.html#POLITI_

TSB said...

Thank you. I love TDD! The entry for Aborigines is my favorite.

James said...

I am very partial to the entry of "Love" in TDD.

James said...

Things are getting interesting!

TSB said...

Interesting indeed. On the Democratic side Gavin Newsom is going hardcore right by sending the National Guard in to clean up the streets of San Francisco. Marianne Williamson - my favorite! - is going hippie left with herbs and healing crystals, I think.

I love to see a showdown between them, and I'd like to see it staged somewhere around Haight Ashbury. I'd start them off by asking them to finish this lyric: "if your going to San Francisco, be sure to _____ ?"

Anonymous said...

Lol